Family Orthodontic Options in Spokane, WA
5 Mile Smiles is the dentist near you that will make your smile beautiful – even when you need braces or retainers! Orthodontics have come a long way since metal brackets and head gear. Even the most high profile patients can get a low profile treatment for a healthy beautiful smile.
A straighter smile has a number of benefits. Getting braces, Invisalign®, or ClearCorrect can help with problems like:
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ/TMD):
TMD can make it painful to chew your food or even open your mouth to talk! Sometimes it’s caused when your bite is misaligned, creating tension and soreness. A special appliance can help retrain your jaw muscle and reform your bite, relieving the pain and headaches.
- Teeth Alignment: Crowded, misaligned permanent teeth can be hard to clean, leading to cavities, root canals, gingivitis and gum disease. For a child, the right treatment will open up the growth plate and allow permanent teeth to grow in correct alignment. If you are experiencing alignment problems as an adult, orthodontics, especially Invisalign® or ClearCorrect, will help keep your smile healthy by straightening teeth, while allowing you to practice excellent oral hygiene and eat whatever you want.
- Self Confidence: Even if you haven’t had problems with cavities or periodontitis, crooked teeth or an overbite can make it hard to smile in photos or around your friends. 5 Mile Smiles orthodontic treatment can make your smile beautiful, and help you face the world with confidence!
Braces For Kids
It’s important to bring your child to the dentist early so we can keep an eye on how their teeth are coming in.
- Phase I orthodontics may be recommended for primary teeth that are crowded or turned, or if there is a problem with the bite. This intervention will help permanent teeth grow properly thanks to modifications made during jaw development.
- Phase II will be recommended after permanent teeth have already erupted in order to move adult teeth into a healthier alignment. Phase I usually shortens the length of Phase II (“conventional”) treatment.
Braces help kids develop more attentive dental hygiene practices, and a healthier bite that can last them well into adulthood.
Braces aren’t only for kids! But as an adult, you may find the appearance of metal brackets undesirable. Ceramic braces offer the advantage of quick inconspicuous treatment! It’s like having conventional orthodontic treatment that blends in with your smile. Some people prefer this method when they have more complex bite problems that require a special level of detailed treatment.
5 Mile Smiles can help you have a straighter, healthier, more beautiful smile. Call our North Spokane office today to schedule a consultation! We also offer Invisalign and ClearCorrect treatment.
“Great experience! The staff are very nice and welcoming :))”
– Emily Lyman
“The staff is great and very friendly. Dr.Keefe is extremely competent and gentle when he works on his patients.”
– Claire Snodgrass